Blue White and Red Velvet

4th of July!

Patriotic Dessert!!!
This was definitely a day maker!

Recipe (a mix from pinterest and my own):

Ingredients:
Red Velvet Brownie Layer:
-3/4 cup all purpose flour
-2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
-1/4 tsp salt
-1.25 cups sugar
-2 eggs
-2 tsp vanilla
-Red food coloring
-10 tbs butter
-3 oz Ghiradelli semisweet chocolate chips
Cheesecake Layer:
-8 oz cream cheese (softened)
-1/3 cup sugar
-1 egg
-2 tsp vanilla
-pinch salt

Instructions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350, and grease your pan/pyrex. (I used an 8x8 glass pyrex)
2.  Beat eggs, vanilla, food coloring, and sugar of the brownie layer until smooth.  (Put as many drops of food coloring as it gets until you get a deep red, I used Wilton brand food coloring)
3.  In a small bowl, melt butter and chocolate until smooth.  (I used the microwave, and heated 20 seconds at a time because chocolate burns easily in the microwave).  Add to the mixture and combine well.
4.  Sift together flour, cocoa, and salt.  Add it to the mixture and mix, without overmiing.
5.  Pour batter into pan.
6.  Beat cheesecake layer ingredients together until smooth.  Pour on top of brownie layer in pan.
7.  With a sharp knife, make a swirl design in the cheesecake.
8.  Bake one hour.



So, mines didn't turn out perfect.... But I know what I did wrong:
1.  Cheesecake consistency was very watery and I wasn't able to make a swirl design like I usually do
2.  I would probably make 1.5 times the amount of cheesecake layer, because I personally thought the layer turned out thinner than I like.
3.  My oven isn't the greatest, so it browned the sides way faster than the middle was solid!  So I would bake on a lower temperature in the future!

bm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color my Pants

I Heart Valentine's Day

Thursday *Thrills*