Dinner Diaries

My adorable cousin Lana was turning 12, and I wanted to surprise her with a fun party on her birthday!  Because it was still Ramadan at the time, it was going to be a break-fast dinner, so I tried to prepare foods that aren't dry for the mostpart!

I began preparing for the birthday with the funnest part- decorations!  I didn't make them too dramatic because I invited some people who didn't know it was a birthday dinner, and I didn't want them to have an awkward surprise!

I chose a pastel pink and green theme, because they're Lana's favorite colors :)
I ran out of balloons (eek!), so I filled the middle with some flowers and vines!




I'll post some recipes for these in the future sometime! ;)

And I couldn't forget about the traditional dates, which are a necessity for beak-fast dinners. I decided to take a little spin on the dates and use date paste, pistachios, walnuts, and sesame seeds to make some date creations: 

Secret- I don't like dates!!!!


My desert menu was the exciting part!  I made Lana the coolest cake I've made yet!  It was a four layer pink velvet and vanilla cake with home-made marshmallow fondant (which is super easy to make!).  I also made strawberry tart, raspberry macarons, knefeh, cheese and watermelon bites, and some friends brought 3 other yummy deserts!

Notice the new Moroccan wall design on our wall behind us!  Completely DIY (expect a future post ;))
It looks homemade, but the premade sugar flowers added a professional touch 
My favorite desert to make!  Super easy and yummy looking!



Didn't have time for my camera, so no promises on that

bm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color my Pants

Thursday *Thrills*

I Heart Valentine's Day