!DONUTS!

I've never made donuts before, and it has definitely been on my short term bucket list for quite some time, so I decided to finally give them a shot!  I scoured Pinterest for some donut recipes and decided to try out this old-fashioned sour cream donut recipe...

It was a success!!!  The donuts were more of a cake-like texture rather than the common fluffy ones, but that's what I was shooting for, and for the glaze, it was yum!



Here's what you need:  

DONUTS:
2.25 cups flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbs butter (room temperature)
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup sour cream
Vegetable oil (for frying)
GLAZE:
3.5 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
1.5 tsp corn syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup hot water

1.  Sift together flour, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2.  In another bowl, beat sugar and butter together until sandy.
3.  Add the egg yolks to the butter mixture and beat until "light and thick"
4.  Add in the sifted flour mixture in 3 increments, alternating with sour cream in between
5.  Mix until the dough is sticky and thorough
6.  Refrigerate for an hour
7.  Roll out dough to be half an inch thick, and using a cookie cutter (a big and very small one) cut out the donut shape along with a hole in the middle. (should yield about 12 donuts)
8.  Heat frying oil to about 375 degrees (I used a 6-7 on the stovetop dial)
9.  Fry each donut about 2 minutes and each donut hole about 1 minute.  (or until golden/light brown)
10.  Make the glaze by combining all its ingredients in a bowl and whisking until achieving a smooth texture.
11.  Dip the donuts into the glaze and place on cooling rack until glaze cools.  (some of my donuts broke in this process, so be very careful if you don't want broken donuts!)
12.  ENJOY!

So, I absolutely loved this recipe from Handle the Heat!  The donuts turned out mouthwateringly delish!
The nutmeg brought out such a scrumptious taste in the donuts that had me eating them by 2's, and the salt in them was perfect!  I will definitely be making these yummies more often!!

 They taste perfect with a hot cup of coffee or tea!


I donut forget about my donuts! ;)

Have a lovely day! (And enjoy the indescribably amazing weather outside (if you live in the midwest))

bm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color my Pants

Thursday *Thrills*

I Heart Valentine's Day