Food that waters the mouth

Crunchy tidbits to nibble on are just so scrumptious when you're hungry.  I thought I'd appease my crunch crave today with some tasty new recipes!  Apple pie and mozzarella grilled cheese sandwiches, yum!  It was the first time my kitchen and I worked up an apple pie; and to my pleasant surprise, it turned out greatt!

I used a Betty Crocker pie crust mix, and made 2 balls of dough using the instructions on the box.  I then mixed in a bowl: 
              3 cups of thin sliced, peeled, and cored apples (VERY thinly sliced)
              1/4 cup of flour
              1/2 cup of sugar
              1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
              1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

I rolled out the first ball of dough on a floury surface, and lined the bottom of the Pyrex with it.  I then poured in the apple filling.  Soon after, I rolled out the other dough ball and cut it into strips about the length of the square Pyrex.  I designed them my favorite, good ol' fashioned apple pie weave arrangement (extremely fun to make put together)!  I saved an extra long thin strip of dough, and twisted it around the perimeter of the pie.  

I was super pleased with how it looked like before I baked it!

It flattened out a bit after the bake, but I added some caramel to give it a sweeter flavor, and an appealing design, but they actually may look like worms.



I also made some complementary grilled cheese sandwiches.  I usually use sharp cheddar cheese , but this was a nice flavor change.  What makes these grilled snacks extra delish is the butter that I spread on the toast before toasting it- it makes it EXTRA crispy!



bm

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Color my Pants

Thursday *Thrills*

I Heart Valentine's Day